Coming up with content for your various social media platforms on a regular basis can be challenging, to say the least. With that in mind, here are 5 ideas for you that might help you freshen up your feed!
- Create an Intro post – If you’re like many of us, it’s been a while since you introduced yourself to your followers. Give a sneak peek into your life and what you’re all about, including some of the personal stuff. That’s what they’re really after and what they’ll connect to. Don’t forget to ask them at the end to share something fun about themselves!
- Ask a question – The best way to start a conversation is to ask a question! This could be just about anything, from their favorite place to horse camp, to what brand of XYZ do they prefer for ABC? Think out of the box, and just know that it does not have to be business related.
- Create a tutorial video – Teaching someone a trick of the trade or exposing them to something new is always a great way to reach your audience and doing it with video is golden. They don’t have to be long or perfect – your audience is not looking for the next Robert Duvall! Be yourself, bloopers and all, your audience will thank you for it.
- Visit National Day Calendar (nationaldaycalendar.com) – Seriously, there are days for celebrating just about everything, and weeks and months too. Find something that fits your niche, your brand or your personality and share it!
- Promote yourself – Following the 80/20 rule of marketing here. Share items 1-4 above 80% of the time and promote just 20%. Whether it’s a sale or special you have going on, your email opt in offer, or you just want to promote a new service, stick to the 80/20 rule and you won’t lose followers because you’re selling too much.