Enjoy today’s video about how to market your brand online….with video!
After the video, be sure to read my extra tips about how to easily share your videos and make the most of them for your viewer.
For the best results, follow these tips below to get the most mileage out of your video.
- When your video is complete, upload it to YouTube or Vimeo. Make sure you use keywords in the title and description, so that it can easily be found in search. You can also assign tags to the video using your keywords. This is how you get extra SEO juice out of your video.
- You can easily embed your video on your website so it can be viewed by people right on your site. If you’re not sure how to do this, check out this quick video tutorial I posted recently on my design site > How to Embed a YouTube Video on Your Website.
- Add a written transcript. Depending on what your video is about, you may want to add a written transcript as well, for your audience that prefers reading over watching video. Fortunately, YouTube makes this easy for you and will automatically provide a transcript that you can copy and paste onto your website. You will need to do some editing and formatting of course, because it doesn’t always get the transcript correct, word for word. From your video manager in YouTube, click the Transcripts link and you can copy & paste the text.
- Share, share, share! Don’t be shy, and ask your audience to share as well, assuming your videos are public and not private.
- Don’t forget social video. With the advent of Facebook Live and Instagram video, you can easily add dynamic video to your social media channels to further engage your audience. Check out these posts for more info about live video: