Website & Graphic Design Resources
Frustrated with your DIY Website?
DIY your website the right way with the DIY Website Success Club!
A private Facebook membership community where you can learn how to not just build a WordPress website, but optimize, maintain & leverage a new or existing site, for maximum benefit. You get full access to our library of instructional video tutorials and our private Facebook support forum to get all your questions answered.
For new website builds or to up-level your existing site, the DIY Club has the instruction and tech support you need to get a website that shows the world you are a professional and here to do business!
Only $30 per month – no commitment – 15-day free trial!
Over the years I have discovered many different websites and tools that have been very helpful to me, so I’ve organized them and am sharing them with you!
- Adobe Kuler – Find the perfect color scheme for your project.
- Color Calculator – Start with your preferred base color and the calculator will come up with the perfect matching colors for you.
- Sagethumbs – a free tool to for Windows to view PSD files as image thumbnails BEFORE you open them.
- FreebiesBug – Free PSD, code & resources for designers.
- Best PSD Freebies – Free Photoshop design resources.
- Bittbox – Graphic resources & tutorials, and check out their Freebie Gallery!
- FontSquirrel – great fonts to use in your designs, plus the @FontFace generator to really soup up your webpages!
- Brusheezy – Great Photoshop stuff.
- Google Translator – Translate your website into any language you want!
Search Engine Optimization & Site Maintenance
- Answer the Public – free keyword tool
- Ubersuggest – a free keyword tool from Neil Patel
- Google Webmaster Tools – From keyword help to website analytics to click-through advertising, Google provides too many services to list here that can help you market and improve your website presence.
- HubSpot’s Marketing Grader – This tool will test your website for various things including the effectiveness of your marketing funnel, your site optimization and more.
- XML-Sitemaps – A very easy way to generate XML sitemaps to submit to Google. Once submitted, Google is instructed to crawl your site. You can set them up to crawl for as often as you update your website, which is why it’s a good idea to update your website frequently!
- GT Metrix – GTmetrix can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.
- Feed the Bot – Find out if your site follows Google Webmaster guidelines.
Free Image Sites
- DeviantArt – Incredible collections of artwork, vectors, images and more.
- Dreamstime free images
- Free Range Stock – A great site for both FREE and royalty-free stock images to use for all your designs.
- ISO Republic
- MMT Stock – Good for nature photos
- Pexels – Best free stock photos in one place (I use this site a lot)
- Pikwizard – this site offers a very unique Design Wizard so you can easily edit the images for all your content sharing needs, without ever leaving the site!
- Pixabay – Over 1.4 million royalty free stock photos and videos.
- PliXS – your community for creative commons photos
- Splitshire – Free Stock Photos for commercial use
- Stock.xchng – Awesome free stock images!
- Stockvault free image
Online Image Editing
- PicMonkey – Free online editor to create those awesome text graphics for building engagement on your social media pages.
- Canva – Another free online editor to create your social media graphics.
- PhotoFiltre – free image editing software
- PhotoScape – another free image editor that offers some different features
For Equestrian Professionals
- Equine Graphic – Original, innovative equine graphics.
- ShowOffs – Custom equine display and design services.
- Equestrian Life – Social networking for equestrians
- Stable Management – The #1 resource for horse farms, stables and riding instructors.
For Agricultural Professionals
- Ag Communications & Marketing Facebook Group, by Cowgirl Media
- Agriculture Services and Products Directory
- USDA Agricultural Marketing Service Business Directory
- Agricultural Marketing Resource Center
- National Day Calendar – Get notified of all those special days to celebrate all year long.
- Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator – Fill in some nouns about what you’d like to write about and Hubspot will give you some great titles for your posts!
- Google Alerts – email updates of the latest relevant Google results (web, news, etc.) based on your choice of query or topic. You can ask Google to keep an eye out for your name, business, or whatever keywords you choose, and Google will send you an email showing you where these search terms came up.
- StartupNation – By Entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs, a great source for small business advice.
- MailChimp.com – Free Email Marketing Service – the only one I’ll use!
- Small Business Administration – Great tools and resources for starting your own business.
- Google Docs – Word processing, spreadsheets, calendars, etc., at your fingertips and ready to share with the world. Makes compatibility issues obsolete, since you can allow others to access the files. Calendars can also be embedded on your website.
- OpenOffice.org – Great open source office suite that you can download and install to your computer.
Check back soon, as I’ll be updating this list regularly as I come across new and useful resources! If you notice a broken link, please email me and let me know so that I can repair or remove it.